CRS is #3 on American Banker’s Best Places to Work in Fintech 2023

Employees voted and CRS landed the #3 spot on this year’s list of top 50 Best Places to Work in Fintech by American Banker


August 31, 2023

CRS team celebrates Best Places to Work in Fintech awards 2023

We are officially a top place to work in fintech! Landing the #3 spot on American Banker’s highly regarded Top 50 Best Places to Work in Fintech 2023 list is an honor. We’re proud to have our ongoing commitment to employee well-being and innovative work culture recognized. 

“This recognition not only highlights our dedication to fostering a supportive and engaging workplace, but also showcases the pivotal role of company culture in driving success within the financial technology industry.”

– Stephen Hawkins, CEO & Co-Founder

“We are a band of skilled adventurers continually learning to work better together”

Building a Culture for Success

We believe that success is deeply rooted in culture. By creating an environment that encourages new ideas, collaboration, and respect, we collectively strive for better than the status quo. For us, for our customers, and for the industry at large.


At CRS, we encourage creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. This has certainly contributed to the development of cutting-edge fintech solutions that not only address the evolving needs of, but up-level an industry that has been underserved by technology.


From mentorship programs to skill-building workshops, we invest in our team to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to thrive professionally. This dedication to employee growth not only boosts individual careers, but also makes us better together.


Employees who are empowered to strike a balance between their professional and personal lives are more productive, creative, and committed. Flexible work arrangements, wellness initiatives, and comprehensive benefits packages all reflect our commitment to the holistic well-being of our people.

Our Company Values

We love chipping away at big ideas with everyday progress. One step at a time, we’re on a mission to empower a more equitable economy with frictionless access to and use of regulated, financial information.

We do this as one team unified by one fight. We live our values day-in and day-out:

  • Respect
  • Patience
  • Fierceness & Compassion
  • One Team, One Fight
  • Ownership
  • Integrity

Bridging Worlds

“In bridging the worlds of the traditional credit industry with modern technology, we rely on a team of people from very different backgrounds.”

We’ve come a long way together. Earning the #3 spot on American Banker’s Top 50 Best Places to Work in Fintech shows our commitment to our people, culture, and workplace. As the fintech landscape and traditional credit industry continue to evolve, we strive to be a shining example of how a strong company culture can drive success, foster innovation, and make a positive impact both within the organization and in the wider community. A company’s most valuable asset is its people, and when they are nurtured and supported, the possibilities for growth and excellence are limitless.

About American Banker’s Best Places to Work

American Banker is “the essential resource for senior executives in banking and financial services, keeping its users updated on vital developments and focusing sharply on their most important concerns — innovation, transformation, and disruption; technology, regulation, and reform.” Every year, they recognize the best places to work in the fintech industry.

This year’s best places to work in fintech is proof that companies of all sizes, ranging from 16 to 800+ employees, can create strong company cultures that help their businesses thrive. The 2023 list includes challenger banks, core banking systems, data providers, and more. So, how are the companies ranked?

How it works

The ranking, determined in collaboration with the Best Companies Group, involves a two-part process. First, an employer questionnaire assesses benefits and policies, which accounts for 25% of the score. This is followed by an engagement survey for employees featuring 77 statements and two open-ended questions, focusing on areas such as leadership, training, and work environment, which fills in the other 75% of the score.

Learn more about the Best Places to Work in Fintech and how to apply for the 2024 awards.

Other articles

CRS can satisfy the most challenging credit data requirements. Try us.

© 2024 CRS Group, Inc.